We only accept online applications. Applications that are sent otherwise (i.e. via mail, fax, e-mail, etc.) will not be considered.
Before entering your data into the online application form, please make sure you have all the following documents required for the application ready:
- Letter of motivation (English, max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (English, Europass format)
- Certificate of your academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year's professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a scholarship you must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience). You can submit a certificate or letter from your employer as proof of work experience. Please make sure it includes your media-related job title, the dates from and to when you worked in that position, company letterhead, date of issue of the certificate/letter and a signature from your employer. If you were self-employed or worked on media projects, please see the FAQ.
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, India or Vietnam)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (C1-Level or higher in accordance with the "Common European Framework"). If you completed a degree in which the medium of instruction was English, you should submit written official confirmation from the university that English was the medium of instruction.
If you are applying for one of our ten scholarships, you will be required to submit additional documents. Please find a list of the requiredadditional documents under application requirements on the DAAD's website